Grand Member

Member Since May 2013
104 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 26, 2024 at 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
It's now a year later, so I thought I would revive this thread and see where I am in comparison to a year ago this same time.

I am in a far different place. I re-read some of my posts on this thread, and I was having a hard time going places by myself after my marriage ended. And now? Now I go nearly everywhere by myself. Concerts, road trips, even a working vacation I did on my own to Vermont.

It's AMAZING to experience & feel tremendous growth happening within me. I feel different.

One big issue that arose late last Spring is that my ex abusive husband decided to move back into the town where we lived (I am still living in the same apartment that we shared), but only a mere few streets away from me. It's been a struggle, and at first I was livid. I had been feeling free and far happier up until that point, but once I learned he moved closer to me, I felt like he had stolen my newfound happiness and freedom.

It has taken a few months - well, the summer - for me to regain my happiness and sense freedom back. I do see him from time to time in the neighborhood, but we do avoid each other. I had threatened him with a restraining order the week he moved, and he's avoided me ever since! YAY! That helps!

Do you have any advice for someone in the same situation?

I find it very hard to socialize as a single person. I have a few single friends, but most of the people in my life are in really solid marriages.

I would find it hard to go to a concert or out as you are describing.

And, I too have someone who pokes are the edges of my bubble and tests boundaries, and I'm living in our former shared address.

I'm really happy for you. It's inspiring.

RDMercer
RDMercer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote