Elder

Member Since Oct 2019
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 26, 2024 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
I strongly agree. We make time for people that matter, maybe not immediately but you remember them and let them know you think of them.

Maybe people don't know to communicate anymore, especially young people. They prefer to text or use Facebook or whatnot, not actually talking to someone. And it's easy to ghost people with technology. Yet, because of it, it's easier to track down or find someone, much so than it was before all this technology. I remember printed phone directories. If someone was unlisted, you couldn't just look them up online and find a number.

I've stopped making the initial contact or doing the follow up now. I'm fed up and wish somebody would think of me for a change, and be the one to send ME a message or call ME instead of me having to do it first. All I get is political scam texts so I've turned off notifications on that. It's disheartening to just get those.
Thanks Owl

Yeah I get that, it sucks to be always the one to reach out. I’ve decided I won’t do this anymore too. It’s emotionally draining.

My inconsistent friend stepped up contact again after I went quiet. It seems like a pattern. But I’ve decided if I lower my expectations of them it doesn’t bother me nearly as much.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl