Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,677 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 26, 2024 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer View Post
Do you have any advice for someone in the same situation?

I find it very hard to socialize as a single person. I have a few single friends, but most of the people in my life are in really solid marriages.

I would find it hard to go to a concert or out as you are describing.

And, I too have someone who pokes are the edges of my bubble and tests boundaries, and I'm living in our former shared address.

I'm really happy for you. It's inspiring.

RDMercer
Thank you @RDMercer!

My advice would be to stick with your few single friends, even if it's just a few people. Being a third wheel with a couple is never fun, unless it's a larger group including at least a couple of single people.

I don't really know what else - I just started doing things by myself, and over time, I became far more comfortable doing so. I don't go to larger music venues alone - only the smaller music venues. Doing that on my own over the last year enabled me to meet many new friends, which has really opened up my social circle quite a bit, to include being invited to smaller social gatherings and parties.

What about joining social activity groups, doing activities you enjoy? My greatest passion is live music, so that was easiest for me to do on my own. I have yet to join any social meetups, but still plan on it at some point. For now, I am happy doing what I am doing.

I hope that helps you some?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote