View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,578 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2024 at 12:03 PM

Not sure how many other Floridians are here. Wanted to check how everyone is. Actually, not just folks in Florida. Seems like Helene is bearing up most of the southeastern US. Hoping everyone is safe.

We lucked out here at the farm. We are far enough from the coast that storm surge is not a problem. Had some rain and wind. Some of the wind gusts were pretty spooky. Real wind didn't get here until after dark. That was kind of scary. Brought back bad memories of Ian a few years ago.

All and all I have to say Mom Nature was kind to me unlike some friends of mine who live on a barrier island and did not evacuate. The entire property their condo is on flooded. Water in the parking lot was waist deep. Their car is ruined. Luckily their unit is on the second floor, so no flood water in the house. However, their power is out, no idea when it will come back on. I don't understand why they stayed. They normally evacuate. Authorities were stressing the need to evacuate the barrier islands. Matter of fact they told people who did not leave to write their name and DOB on their arm with permanent marker so they could identify the bodies.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, mar dhea, mote.of.soul, Nammu, rechu, unaluna

Thanks for this!
iheartjacques