View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 05:29 PM

So Dr. T was in a boot today (on his foot, like a sort of soft cast for an injury--not sure if it has a different name in other countries). I was like, "What happened?" He said he'd had surgery for a repair. Later said it was Friday. I was puzzled at first, then realized I'd met with him virtually due to my own illness Monday and Wednesday, so, duh, wouldn't have seen his foot. He also had to shift me to an earlier appointment last Friday, so I guess that was why?

I still pushed forward and addressed some lingering feelings about what happened during his move. I think it was helpful? We did talk about how to deal with future situations where he might be completely unavailable in the future (with the move, he was bothered that I'd contacted his backup without asking him first, when...I was trying to avoid bothering him).* Which is probably a conversation we should have had ages ago. He said it's inevitable that it will happen at some point, referencing, for example, if one of his parents is dying. So we're going to continue that discussion.

*She was also moving, but he was the person in charge of the move, as he owned the new space and was in charge of the movers, plus had to set up things like the waiting room, kitchen, etc.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel