Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,017 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 28, 2024 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose72 View Post
I’m usually good at being intuitive and having good insight with my symptoms and Pdocs have praised me for this but this last six months I have zero clue!
Yeah, sometimes there's a lot going on and noticing symptoms can be easier or harder during various times. There's been times (ok, I remember A time) I've averted an episode just by saying "hey, trouble sleeping and quick thoughts," and they upped my lithium and bam, no "I broke a window in a NH winter and further traumatized myself by getting myself into a position the po-po (redacted)" instances.

ahh, if only I could go back on lithium....

do you do any journaling or mood charting or anything? Mood charting is really difficult to use to catch episodes if you have emotional dysregulation for any other reason, but if you have a baseline that's comparable to people that don't need meds or therapy to stay out of the hospital or jail, it could be useful to see things trending up or down.

I used to journal daily but haven't lately and I think that's why I've sucked at knowing if things are more BP or life stuff or related to less episodic comorbidities. Mood charting kinda sucks if you have straight up emotional dysregulation, but if I journal, I can look at content, volume, tone, and handwriting and kinda see what's going on...I should get back to that.

A good support system should help you out too as long as they're trustworthy.