Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 28, 2024 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
Thanks, LT.

It just bothers me lately that both L and R (temp t) said that I don't need therapy anymore, that I have all the tools, etc. If that's true then I wonder why I feel like I do need that support.

I don't know.
Do you have friends/activities that you engage with on a regular basis and not as a part of work or your husband? If not, then those might help. I don't mean just random workshops but more people in real life (not online) you can go for walks/hikes/coffee/whatever your interests are on a regular weekly basis. I know on weeks/months when my friends are away traveling (my friends are mostly academics or retired persons who scatter at certain times of the year) -I am a little more unsettled than when they are in town and we are regularly playing pickleball, walking in the park two blocks away, etc. Usually there are some others around -but during one month this summer - it seemed like everyone else was traveling and no one was in town to play with. I kept up with everyone through text, email, and phone calls -but it wasn't like the regular walks/biking/pickleballing I do with people most of the time.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Last edited by stopdog; Sep 28, 2024 at 07:26 PM..
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal, atisketatasket, LonesomeTonight, unaluna