Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
1,281 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
Well, are you content with the current arrangement? Is he? Are you financially interdependent on each other? If it’s three no’s, I’d say try a separation and see if that changes anything.

Lots of marriages end up like yours—roommates really. If it’s causing pain, do something about it. If it’s not causing pain, then think about what you want. Do you need that connection? Do you have some image of marriage that you feel you’re falling short of?
Thank you. All these things are good for thought. I don’t know if I actually need the connection, if that makes sense. I don’t know if I need that connection with any man to be honest. I know that I need “connection” but with whom? I can’t figure that out. It’s not causing pain on my end. I don’t know about him. As far as finances are concerned-I could do it on my own-it would be tight but I would get rid of stuff I don’t need. Like he thinks we need to have both Netflix and Hulu. I disagree. We don’t need both. We have Hulu Live. I would drop Netflix and save money there. My car insurance would go down. I might qualify for cheaper medical insurance without his income in play. So I know I would be able to afford it with less spending. I don’t necessarily have an image of what I think marriage should look like because it’s been this way for so long. I don’t remember the last time I enjoyed it. Or if I ever did.
Jersey 4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, unaluna