View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,968 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 12:14 PM

Spent the morning with the neighbor kids playing soccer. I try and talk to their parents during whatever causes half the town to run into each other some days, but I always say "fk this, I do NOT care to worry about random events I can't control," and end up projectiling a ball at a 9 year old. They love it (the parents are happy I'm not asking them questions that make them look dumb and the kids are happy someone's teaching them skills that may come in handy some day when they do not care to talk about things not fun to talk about and would rather run around with a pretty pink ball as well).

My med run person talked about helping me pack and other moving-related stuff with me this morning too, and said if I have a freak out and need to I can call her. I think they're trying to get me to think more about it so I do less procrastinating on everything and, well, actually plan and commit to this new place. I haven't signed any lease or paid the security deposit or given a move in date or anything. I haven't even seen a unit because it's being remodeled (will get a call when that's done to check it out), but it sounds like I'm for sure moving there. I just don't know if that's going to be within a month or within a year. I hate planning and prefer to pull things off spur of the moment (which is good and bad), but it's probably best I don't find out "ay, we can set up a move in date for next week" or whatever and I spend that entire week running around like one of those lions just learning to hunt that get confused when the group of gazelles splits off, and feeling like I'm doing a lot because I am using a lot of energy but slowing down and thinking about being efficient is a better method. I've been more able to do the latter lately (Ritalin?) just because I don't feel some sort of internal pressure to do everything as fast as possible (and screw it up because I'm doing it faster than possible). It's pretty nice.

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird, JaneOnceMore, Nammu, unaluna