View Single Post
SquarePegGuy
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2020
116 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 01:10 PM

I agree that you should expect good service if the housekeeper set her own rate, @jesyka.

But I also think it's a lot to clean for such little pay. Perhaps this was her first job and she wasn't aware that she should be charging more. If so, she should find a way to discontinue the work.

For $130, our girl does the bathroom (full tub and two basins), vacuum and dust LR and MBR, including the hallway in between, clean kitchen (stove top, sink, counters and table) scoot downstairs to vacuum the stairs and landing and finally mop the floor. No windows or cat litter scooping.

Occasionally I'll notice spider webs in corners or crumbs on the counters behind the appliances. Sometimes the Swiffer will snag on something and remain behind. But overall, she does a good job and does special requests with pleasant demeanor. My wife and I really like her, and we gift her generously at Christmas.

And all of this was back when we had three cats and a huge black lab. The job's a lot easier now that we're down to just two cats.