View Single Post
nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,618 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Today at 02:41 PM

Sitting in my car in the parking lot for work, as I always arrived a bit early to get a good spot. I hear on the radio something about terrorists and hearing a woman reporter screaming "We're under attack!" I thought that can't be. Who would mess with us?

The streets seemed awfully deserted and this was way before the Internet and social media, but still it seemed word got out somewhat. When arriving at the office, everyone was confused and pretty quiet. And just about everyone was listening to their boom box or watching CNN on their computer. Nobody did any work, not even the boss, and it seems she didn't care either.

And I remember a woman from the bank that handled our stuff being stuck here, as she was from Chicago and of course all planes were grounded.

For me it felt so unreal, like watching scenes of a disaster movie. Still I was glued to CNN for days, watching it when I got home. Nothing else was on anyway. But in hindsight, it made me depressed. So I don't do that anymore, like with the attack on Israel last October 7th. (Already almost a year???!)

Only time I remember the US having solidarity, no matter the party. So many people had flags flying from their cars or wore flag T-shirts. When going home I kept looking up, expecting or fearing bombs will start to fall on us.

Good topic, Mountain. An entire generation has been born since, making me feel so ancient. 23 years ago now...........

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote