View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
13.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 08:52 AM

Okay, took me almost an hour to read through all the posts, but glad to see you guys, I've missed you all a lot. You've been in my thoughts for days.

So, I have spent the last four days traveling in the Raleigh, NC area when Helene showed all its fury. I stayed in Zebulon on Thursday night, (the rain was really bad), and then Cary Friday night with my sponsor. I had an amazing jam-packed weekend, with friends, my sober sisters, and hosted four candle-making classes which was a lot of fun. My one friend relapsed on alcohol and had to be taken to the hospital because of her bad diabetes - alcohol has way too much sugar for a diabetic.

But, meanwhile in my hometown of Rocky Mount, NC that weekend......

What's left of the only Family Medical Supply store where I get my CPAP supplies from.

What's left of the one of the best Chinese restaurants in town.

My other favorite restaurant El Tapitio got its sign and roof blown off. Apparently it was an E3 tornado that touched down. I never seen destruction like that since 9/11 to be honest - I knew that moving to the southeast was a risk, but damn, I am pretty scared now after going through all that this weekend. Thankful that I wasn't home during all of this, I would have been so scared by myself. I even called my landlord because I didn't even know if I had a home to go home to when I heard the tornado hit. Made sure I got my neighbors numbers though when I got home on Saturday night.

My friends in Asheville, NC have it SO bad, we are doing several fund raisers in the area to get supplies, food and money to them.

Phew! But I survived! My parents are okay too - Greenville, NC wasn't hit too bad, just some heavy rain. Hope everyone stayed safe during this storm.

Hugs from:
JaneOnceMore, Mountaindewed, MuddyBoots, Nammu

Thanks for this!
Nammu