View Single Post
brian10x

Member Since Sep 2024
Default Yesterday at 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePegGuy View Post
I'm thinking that relationships come in all forms. Some marriages are open, so I'm not judgemental about the adultery aspect of this situation.

Having expressed that, I go on to wonder why the only solution is that she move in with you and marry you.

Is that just for convenience to eliminate the long commute? Suppose you were next door neighbors and you could get together in under 30 seconds. Would that be enough? If not, why not?
>>You people have given me much to think about. All of your comments have value to me, whether I agree with them or not.

When she married him, she was terrified of living alone. He offered safety and security and she was younger then. Younger , prone to self-medication, and with fewer standards.

Now, older and sober, she's changed. No longer in it for the money. I don't have any.

In a perfect world, she would move out, and get a divorce, but she has been looked after for so long, she doesn't know how to live independently.

She wants to be normal. Genevieve wants to marry a normal man, do things like a normal woman, and do ordinary things on the weekend. But she doesn't know how.

Due to self-medication , poor judgement, and bipolar, she has made a LOT of bad decisions. Hell, so have I. We both want this to be our first really good major life decision.

Maybe we are making mistakes, but we are doing the best we can with what we have.

If she can get over her crippling fear of change (and trying to do this brings her to tears, tears of utter frustration with herself) we can move forward.

She believes this fear of change comes from bipolar. I also believe this, and I have research to back it up. But regardless of the reason for the fear, it is real.

Thank you!
Brian
brian10x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote