Insert Smiley Face

Member Since Mar 2015
7,888 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Thank you! That means a lot to me. I guess I just have this instilled belief that I must have a job or something to be productive or have done something meaningful in my life. I tried working, I tried 4 retail jobs last year in the span of like 9 months and I ended up leaving them all because it was too overwhelming and made me really unstable. I mean I guess I’m proud of myself cause I did stick with one for 3 months and became a talent captain but still I couldn’t handle it. I can’t handle traditional work. Which is why I just volunteer now. It’s a lot less stress. Idk why but I guess maybe because society instills the belief in people that they must work to be productive members of society I feel self conscious that I don’t work or worried that I’m being “lazy”. So I guess that ends up making me feel like all the stuff I do, exercise, art, music, etc all my hobbies and stuff is pointless cause it’s not moving me in any direction. I know that’s not true really but part of me is stuck on that belief that the stuff I’m doing isn’t important or doesn’t really matter
@Blue_Bird

I totally get this. I also can't work. Except I feel like a failure at life because I'm not making a ton of money off my writing and am not famous, probably because society instills in you that success = money and fame. Plus I'm just the editor of a tiny ezine. Honestly, it makes me want to cry. I feel like I've accomplished nothing. 😒 It's depressing. And my life is over half over do I'm just fcked.

The night belongs to you. 🌙- sleep token

"I'm scared. I'm old. I want to go home!" 😁 - anonymous
raspberrytorte is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Blue_Bird, Nammu