Member Since Jun 2013
14.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberrytorte View Post
@Blue_Bird

I totally get this. I also can't work. Except I feel like a failure at life because I'm not making a ton of money off my writing and am not famous, probably because society instills in you that success = money and fame. Plus I'm just the editor of a tiny ezine. Honestly, it makes me want to cry. I feel like I've accomplished nothing. 😒 It's depressing. And my life is over half over do I'm just fcked.
Yeah I feel similar , I turned 30 in June and I feel like my life is flying by with nothing to show for it. I’m trying to practice mindfulness more and live in the present moment and appreciate everything and try to not regret it though, and just keep making good decisions and actions that move me forward to my goals. If I never reach them I guess that’s okay it’s really the journey that matters. I’m trying to learn to take the stoic philosophy to not wait for a goal to happen or to get to a certain point in life where I will then be happy, to be happy now and enjoy everything and the process of living, to not let happiness depend on outside circumstances or achievements, because life rushes by if you wait for your happiness to come in the future

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Blueberrybook, Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, MuddyBoots, Nammu, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
MuddyBoots, raspberrytorte