Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,047 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose72 View Post
How to tactfully say I quit because your theories are batshit crazy!.
"I'm not going to cancel all our future appointments." You don't have to say why. If she asks, you can keep it vague and just say "I don't think we're a good fit," or if you want you can give a little more detail and say something like "we have very different perspectives on mental health--mine specifically--and I'd rather go with something that makes more sense to me...(given all the information I've gathered from the [insert however many years old you are here] years I've been using this brain)" (you don't have to add that parenthetical if you don't want to come across as "smarter than her" in anyway if she has a "I have a paper saying I know more than you so your words are invalid" attitude. That little tidbit might leave a sour taste. Some therapists...some...are open to the idea of "hey, maybe this person knows more about themselves, their past, and how it affects them than me." but I don't think your T is the case if every one of everybody's mental health struggles are caused by trauma.

Hugs from:
Moose72

Thanks for this!
unaluna