Writing my way through...

Member Since Feb 2020
5,966 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 03, 2024 at 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
Things will L has gotten worse. Now it seems like she's pushing me towards leaving.

I had another phone call with T. She said two options are I take a break now for like a month and then work with her for 5 months or to wait for 6 months and then take a break when she goes on her leave. Those aren't the only options, just 2 she provided me. T thinks I should keep trying with L. She does think the problem lies with my reactivity, but also L and the choices she's making. Like today. L and I were talking through text and email and then she ended the conversation by saying we'll talk about it in session.

I am struggling so much. It's affecting my memory so bad. I don't remember conversations with L. I also can't even remember what I did yesterday. When people remind me, I remember. But otherwise, I'm blank.

How can you give up on a 5 year relationship? That's what I want to know. How do you let go? I sometimes feel like I'm in an abusive relationship and both of us are stuck. We keep trying, but failing.

I have session today. I'm not looking forward to it. I don't even want to talk to her. I technically shouldn't go because I'm extremely tired and won't be safe to drive. I feel like I'm obligated to go.

I really hate L right now.
I'm so sorry, Scarlet. Some of the things you say here make me think about how things ended with my L. Like the feeling like you're in an abusive relationship and both of you are stuck. After more than 12 years with my L, I really began to feel like I was trapped in a cult and there was no escape. If she hadn't shown her true colors and said those hurtful things to me, I probably never would have left. I still don't know why she did that. Unless it was because I pissed her off when I told her I felt like she didn't know what to do with me anymore. Anyway it's been almost 8 months since I left and I'm still working on letting her go. Much of the time I think i have, but then I realize nope, I was just kidding myself. I think that's part of my depression right now. That I still haven't let her go. and I just don't.know.how.

I wish I knew what to say that would help. I just wanted to empathize and show a little solidarity. I wish you all the best in this difficult situation.

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, SalingerEsme, ScarletPimpernel

Thanks for this!
ChickenNoodleSoup, LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel