View Single Post
JaneOnceMore

Member Since Feb 2023
3,465 hugs
given
Default Today at 05:45 PM

I got out to my mental health drop-in in-person and it was good to see everyone. I only had an hour there tho, because of my dog's schedule. But it was still good to take a break from my problems, tho i wound up mostly listening to other people's problems. But that's still an improvement! It was nice to be supportive and interested and positive and engaged.

@June08:

I'm sorry to hear you are facing a future of struggling with SI. I've so enjoyed hearing about what a caring teacher you are and how you have real affection for your students. (Note that i realize Crazy Hitch is in a different situation, working in a rowdy public school, while June is in a private school, where working conditions are better.) You also seem to have a lot of energy and enjoy staying busy and have a matter-of-fact attitude to the trials of living with your roommate. I struggle with SI and acted on it many times in my early thirties when life fell apart. It just made life harder so i would encourage you to dig deep when those thoughts strike and not do anything to make things worse. I saw a guy on the bus once with the most compelling tattoo on his inner left forearm and i've always remembered it. In elegant script, it said, "This too shall pass."
JaneOnceMore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Crazy Hitch, Nammu, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
June08