View Single Post
June08

Member Since Sep 2022
1,398 hugs
given
Default Yesterday at 09:46 PM

Words cannot say how thankful I am for this community.

Last night, I went through this worksheet I received in counseling on Monday that has you reflect on what is out of your control vs in your control and actions you can take to be the person you want to be in the situation you are reflecting on. I did this with my bipolar disorder and was able to come up with more things that are in my control than out of it (when it comes to managing/handling things). The trick is to lean into what I can control and hope/trust that things can get better and fighting to get better is worth the fight, even though there are guaranteed bumps along the way because that's just how life works.

My students have been pretty goofy these last couple of days-it's been fun to see. Tomorrow, instead of teaching, I have to attend an all day curriculum meeting for one of the subjects I teach. I'm not looking forward to it; hopefully, it won't be to boring.

I went to the library after school today to pick up a few books. Traffic on the way home from there was wild! Hopefully, I'll like at least one of them (for some reason, it's hard for me to find books I like).

June08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, LadyShadow, Mountaindewed, Nammu, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, JaneOnceMore, LadyShadow