View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,214 hugs
given
Default Today at 01:25 AM

I find your hypothesis that this issue has to do with her bipolar diagnosis really, really odd. Bipolar people typically have the opposite problem: when in an elevated mood, they make rash decisions and move in too fast with new partners, instead of waiting and acting more rationally. They may make other impulsive decisions they later come to regret when they return to the baseline: divorcing when it was not called for, overspending which may be in really big figures for some (cars on credit, new houses), moving to another continent on a whim without having any support network or viable plans at the new place, etc. Or they may make impulsive decisions that in the final accounting they are grateful for (I have been there). So it is not always something they later regret, but the impulsivity and the rashness are there. Not pondering the consequences nearly enough.

You said that what you call her "major fear of change" is because of her bipolar according to what you found out by "studying bipolar". May I ask how exactly you "studied bipolar" to arrive at "major fear of change" being a telltale symptom of the disorder?

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg+Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications, some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity BMI ~ 38
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
divine1966, eskielover