View Single Post
Discombobulated
Elder

Member Since Oct 2019
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 04, 2024 at 01:35 AM

Since I last posted the therapist said on my third appointment she believed I was ready to end the sessions. This did take me aback. I could’ve said no, but tbh I was too stunned and didn’t have the confidence to say no. That session lasted just 20 minutes. When I added all three sessions together it was not much more than an hour Therapy time in total.

She gave me one last phone follow up this week which lasted 17 minutes and we went through CBT strategies. I felt like I’d failed because I couldn’t give good answers to her. I felt like I’ve been given such a lot of information and I don’t know how to apply it.

In fairness to me it has been a very short burst of a lot of information, I process quite slowly anyway I think, but that’s not unusual.

So in summary 3 appointments totalling just over an hour, a fair bit of paperwork, which I’m unsure how I can effectively apply it in my life. I have been given access to the online CBT which is something and I have been told I can refer back in but to give it a few months. I’m considering a private therapist, if anyone has any advice on what to look for that would be good.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ScarletPimpernel