View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
11.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 04, 2024 at 09:07 PM

@Blueberrybook Sorry I didn't respond to your post earlier. I'm very tired after getting only a few hours of broken sleep. Hoping tonight is better.

You're right, 12.5 mg of Seroquel isn't much. It's most just to take the edge off during the day if I need it without making me sleepy. But when I can't sleep I'll take anything. I've taken more than I'm supposed to once or twice but I'm hesitant to do that with Seroquel both because I'm not sure I'm allowed (I'm allowed to go over my gabapentin) and I don't want to keep upping the Seroquel dose until I'm actually "on Seroquel" again. Getting off it was hard and it wasn't working anymore when I went on clozaril. Clozaril is tough because I can't increase my dose because I get toxic levels if I'm on very much at all. But it works for me so having to deal with this bit of Seroquel is a compromise I can accept. I just don't want to be on several hundred mg of Seroquel.

I do get sedation from a bunch of meds. Gabapentin is probably my biggest sleepy med. Clozaril helps. Klonopin helps a lot. Topirimate may help some. I can't take any other ADs because I'm on an MAOI so I miss out on a lot of the easiest ways to get sedation. But mostly what I have works. I just have bad nights. They are usually occasional but I've had more lately. My anxiety level has been so high this summer. I'm hoping that now my therapist is back that will go down. It will also help to hear from my SSDI review. But that will be a while since I just sent it in.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

Hugs from:
Crazy Hitch, June08, LadyShadow, MuddyBoots, Nammu, raspberrytorte