View Single Post
Victoria'smom
Legendary

Member Since Apr 2012
5,544 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 12:36 AM

I don't succeed at community college. I tried 5 times. I'm taking a competency bachelor's which will let me transfer 90 credits in from Sophia, study . Com, Coursera and other places.

Coursera courses (transfer in as 3-18 credits) cost $60 a month. But several are free through our local library.

When I get done with that I'll take $300 and finish my gen. Ed classes at Sophia. So about $420 and 6 months I'll have the rest of my 90 credits.

Then I'll have 4 months to finish the 10 classes before I run out of aid and have to apply for scholarships or pay $1700 for 8 more weeks.

The international school I plan to go to is well under $1k with scholarship for both degrees and it takes a year to complete.

So I'll be spending under $1k to 3k for all the degrees. It's a regionally accredited state school that runs this program. My husband is doing the same but he already has his gen Ed. So he'll be paying like $2k at most.

I'm taking my disabilities into account as well as my interests and building a future that provides enough income for the area I live. No community college degree that I can do will provide enough in my area. Most bachelor's won't either because I need part time and remote.

I'm not going to sell myself short because of what others say I'm capable of. If I listened to them I wouldn't be walking. I can't afford to just make barely over $1550/month when mobility units are going at over $4k a month. And care professionals are $30 hr. I have to make money and education is the only way.

Daughter- mood disorder+

Comfortable broken and happy

"So I don't know why I'm tongue tied At the wrong time when I need this."- P!nk
My blog
Victoria'smom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote