View Single Post
Victoria'smom
Legendary

Member Since Apr 2012
5,544 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 06:46 AM

I've tried community college. I can't do it. I have one semester of aid left so I would rather use it for the last upper level courses.

The classes aren't easier than community college most have projects and 15 page papers, along with readings and videos. It's not easier it's just at your pace vs having x to read then a discussion post, then you have to wait a week. I also don't have to fight for accommodations when testing because it's all papers.

I know community college is good I recommend it to people all the time and their 4 year program is good if that's the career path you want to go but it's not good for nerodivergent people.

The build your own degree is perfect for me because my career is just starting to require degrees. So building one to specialize is the best bet. These degrees are from regionally accredited, state sponsored universities. So they do mean the same as a brick and mortar state college.

As far as the masters that's for me. It gives me more time and specialized training to starve off imposter syndrome. It may not help bring more money in but it will help with confidence which I will need.

I would need to be able to write 250+ page academic papers and several power point presentations in 4 months to complete the classes plus read an digest 10 textbooks with video lectures. It's a lot but I'm not at that point yet. And really it's the only option I have at this point if I want a degree.

Step 1&2 are to collect the credits needed through certifications. The reason why it's so cheap is my library participants in grow with Google. Which accounts for 33 of the credits towards the degree free. Then Coursera plus counts for another 18. These are not easy courses but provide value and I can pour myself into them. I'm not concerned with step 3 yet (the school phase) because I'm not there yet.

My care team thinks anything besides me relaxing will cause a major flare in symptoms. Which is true but I have to live. There's no help for a PCA my insurance company won't cover my needs and I need to take steps to get out of this house especially with my daughter moving out.

Daughter- mood disorder+

Comfortable broken and happy

"So I don't know why I'm tongue tied At the wrong time when I need this."- P!nk
My blog
Victoria'smom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote