View Single Post
Brentus
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2021
982 hugs
given
Default Oct 05, 2024 at 09:04 AM

Hi guys,
Been awhile since I've posted. I started working. In fact, I'm at work now. I'm such a pushover -- I have a hard time saying no. My best friend opened a car lot and asked me to work for him. That' s where this job comes into play. I'm the finance manager here. It's stressful and a lot of work on my end. I'm also the webmaster, IT guy, and troubleshooter for everything technological. My friend has tried to spin it so that it doesnt feel like pressure on me, but facts remain... there is stress and pressure on me. I'm the only one who can do my job, so I'm required all the dang time. working full time vs not working at all for 3 years is a huge shift that is hard to compensate for. There are moments I want to run out of the building and just not come back. It's just a lot sometimes.

At least I'm only working till 1pm today. It's slow but they insist on being open. I'm insecure about being able to man this position well -- but I have sold one car and I didn't make any grave mistakes. We got paid and took care of all the title/registration stuff.

My biggest concern is there is no one here to mentor ANY of us-- this is brand new to all of us. So, mistakes will happen.... and I'm really uncomfortable with it... but it gets better with time., I guess.

Other than that, I see my psychiatrist in person on Monday, but I didn't get a reminder or know what time the appointment is. I have to drive 1.5 hours away to see him, so it's kinda important to figure it out. they are closed on the weekend so I'm gonna be a bit stressed until I can get ahold of someone. Luckily I know it has to be in the afternoon because he doesn't come in before noon. We'll see I guess.

I oscillate between being OK and feeling like a complete basket case. I guess it's just how it is.

Thanks for reading.

Hugs from:
Blueberrybook, Blue_Bird, June08, LadyShadow, MuddyBoots, Nammu, raspberrytorte