Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,229 hugs
given
Default Oct 05, 2024 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
Hypergraphia is all too real. I think I recorded writing through 30 pages in a journal in a day. I won't say for me personally it's a hard indicator because I do just like to write and play with thoughts and ideas, and I do have a habit of texting a gazillion people a lot if my attention-*****ness is uncontrollable (not related to mania), but there's just a specific nature of manic hypergraphia I'm not sure how to explain. I think it's that there's less of the enjoyment of the thought process or trying to communicate and more "I HAVE to get this down," or "I HAVE to get this out."

@Blueberrybook
@MuddyBoots

I see where you are going trying to distinguish writing a lot when manic and when not. For me, there is a difference and sometimes even the structure of my writing shifts a whole lot. I like to write, but when at baseline, I write in fairly short paragraphs, can make a list of bullet points, etc. Whereas in mania and especially if anxiety is also in the mix, I would email literally walls of disorganized text. No paragraphs, no structure.

I also occasionally wrote rhyming poetry when manic but I cannot do it at baseline. Somehow my mind speeds up enough in mania to make those word connections that create rhymes. That ability I actually regret losing when I return to baseline.

@Moose72 I hope you survive this weekend without a worsening and get better soon.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg+Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications, some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity BMI ~ 38
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote