View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,226 hugs
given
Default Oct 05, 2024 at 04:57 PM

You absolutely do not have to forgive anyone. Forgiveness is grossly overrated and written about a lot as if there were solid proof that it was a necessary part of healing. There are observations that people who are by their nature more forgiving of others tend to be happier overall, but it does not mean that by forcing forgiveness onto yourself you will join their ranks. In other words, forgiveness might be a marker of good mental health but not a decisive factor in it. You are way too young to get that analogy, but it is a little bit like HDL ("good cholesterol"): people with higher HDL tend to have better cardiovascular health outcomes, but artificially upping HDL in people who start with low HDL, say by having them use coconut oil, does not lead to better outcomes.

So you absolutely do not have to forgive, but, I agree with Molinit, you need to deal with the feelings. I agree with other things Molinit said.

In terms of destroying a cuddly toy trying to take your feelings out on it, do not do it anymore but sign up for a boxing gym. You will get a much more intense release of emotions in a structured environment and improve your physical health a lot to boot.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg+Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications, some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity BMI ~ 38
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ogyogm