Victoria'smom
Legendary

Member Since Apr 2012
5,559 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 06, 2024 at 07:36 AM

I understand my severity.
I understand it'll be hard picking up projects.
My GED is over 22 years old. If I have 2 masters that'll outshine the GED and it's the portfolio that matters.

If I'm in school by July there's several co ops that pay $32+ an hour but they are full time for 6 months. That would be a great trial for me while on SSI trial work period. With FSS program too. I would still be eligible for housing and medical.

I legally can't go into debt for this. I'm ineligible for student loans and have 1 semester of Pell left which equals 4 months. As far as scholarships go I would only be eligible for the one for my master's.
Phase 1 is being paid by the local library.
Phase 2 is being paid monthly by me or my parents
Phase 3: is being paid by Pell
Phase 4: is being paid for by savings

There are no deadlines in this program it's asynchronous. The only deadline is 2 classes a session if you are using Pell. 10 classes for residency. It's a state university.

I'm not saying I won't be stressed and stress increases my symptoms. That's what I worry about but I've been out of the hospital for 6 years. I have a better team and services now. Like a walk in psych urgent care.

I feel I should at least try before giving up. If anything it gives me something to do during the day. Honestly I don't know any other ways to meet my needs. I will not be 40 and in assisted living if my husband passes.

I know the risks
:
Insanity + psychosis
Homelessness (again) this time without a car
Lack of treatment both psych and medical
Loss of income for 25 years
Starvation

But there are things I need, like teeth, that are unattainable without a decent income. Fact is all my disabilities get worse with age. I need income to support them. Even if the income is temporary.

I won't loose housing until I make $115,000 a year
There's no waiting time for state disability, food stamps or Medicaid. There home owners assistants but it's only $583 a month if we make over the $115k after the first 5 years.

I loose $943/month after 8 months if I do this but I'm fast tracked back on it if I can't make $1,550 each month the first 5 years. After that I have to depend on state disability until approval.

I can't get the things I need without income. My husband is doing this plan too. I will not leave him with the burden to care for me physically, mentally, and financially. If he does this which he's planning to. ( Faster than me because he's been more successful at community college) I loose SSI anyway.

As self employed we'll pay our own insurance anyway whether working full-time or part-time.

Acting like this is a choice isn't taking into the gravity of my needs. The government can't/won't help.

If all goes to **** at least I tried, at least I have money in the bank, at least I have teeth (our first purchase. If all else fails and the government won't step in before we lose our home we have a backup plan but even that we need money for.

Daughter- mood disorder+

Comfortable broken and happy

"So I don't know why I'm tongue tied At the wrong time when I need this."- P!nk
My blog
Victoria'smom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote