View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
405 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 06, 2024 at 08:00 AM

91 days for a full degree is really not do-able. I had to take 5 semesters of college to graduate with around 90 credits. I had to take EXTREMELY hard classes such as calculus, organic chemistry, biochemistry, virology, etc. to graduate with my undergraduate degree, and graduate classes for my masters were even harder. I worked as an undergrad too first in the university documents section and later in a microbiology lab. I had to work in a laboratory, write papers that were accepted & published in esteemed journals in the field & work as a TA teaching undergraduate microbiology lab & supervisoring & grading tests & papers for the university microbiology & chemistry professors all while taking graduate courses. And it was still HARD for me to get jobs (at which I didn't last but a week to a month). AND having a masters OVER-QUALIFED me for menial jobs such as grocery store cashiers & fast food places if I wanted to supplement my husband's income; they wouldn't hire me, wouldn't even interview me. Menial entry level jobs wanted no more than a high school degree. So I had work experience trying to get a job in my field & it STILL wasn't easy. Probably I submitted over 100 resumes before being hired after grad school. And the Houston medical center & NASA are both near where I live and all have research labs which hired in my speciality. There are also chemical plants that hire in my speciality. Lots of potential jobs out there, and that's what it's like getting a high paying job even where you live even if you don't think $120,000 is high paying.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen
Blueberrybook is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
divine1966, raspberrytorte, unaluna

Thanks for this!
divine1966, raspberrytorte, unaluna