View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 06, 2024 at 02:38 PM

@RDMercer.....what @Open Eyes said is so true. From my personal experience, I closed on my little farm in mid May 2100 miles away from my husband. It wasn't until I needed to go back to Ca for an MD appointment that the thought of my husband even crossed my mind because I was experiencing a peace in my life I had never experienced before. Even then my thoughts weren't about wanting him back in my life but how happy I actually was without him & how more normal life seemed.

My mom always said "absence makes the heart grow stronger". That was when I realized my heart never felt anything for him except the anger he created in my life. It was when I also realized that there was no way he could possibly fit into my new peaceful life. Sometimes we do need to come to those terms in our own mind & reflect back on whether in reality it ever was the "good relationship" our mind said it was when it was powered by wishful thinking. By that time I never wanted to share life with him ever again while I found out years later he was sure I would come back to him in a couple of years. When I didn't, it was only then he thought he might have been the reason I left.

Leaving was the best choice I ever made in my life & life NOW is always what I wanted even without being married. It is actually bringing out thinking into allignment with our actual REAL happiness not what we wish. That allignment is what makes us truly at peace. You have an awesome life now with your kids to be trult thankful for

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, RDMercer

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, Open Eyes, RDMercer