61 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 06, 2024 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
@Blueberrybook
@MuddyBoots

I see where you are going trying to distinguish writing a lot when manic and when not. For me, there is a difference and sometimes even the structure of my writing shifts a whole lot. I like to write, but when at baseline, I write in fairly short paragraphs, can make a list of bullet points, etc. Whereas in mania and especially if anxiety is also in the mix, I would email literally walls of disorganized text. No paragraphs, no structure.

I also occasionally wrote rhyming poetry when manic but I cannot do it at baseline. Somehow my mind speeds up enough in mania to make those word connections that create rhymes. That ability I actually regret losing when I return to baseline.

@Moose72 I hope you survive this weekend without a worsening and get better soon.
I hear that. The divergent thinking can be exciting when it makes sense. But if I'm going to be connecting such seemingly unrelated thoughts, I better make sure I stick the landing because one misjudgement can really send me off the rails, when manic.

Several months ago I went to Peru on a whim, purchased the ticket the night before, no real plan, no money.

The only thing that stopped my search for a job in Peru was drinking, drugs, and writing two, thousand word erotic stories on Literotica.

After going back on the antipsychotic, I can focus on things that are more important to me. And having a clear head, and that couple more seconds of thinking before making a rash decision, is very nice.

Only thing is life moves so slowly now. But I'm learning to enjoy it.

Last edited by insideoutsider; Oct 06, 2024 at 05:31 PM..
insideoutsider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Moose72, MuddyBoots, Tart Cherry Jam