Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,226 hugs
given
Default Yesterday at 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtotalk View Post
Hi, thanks so much for reaching out - I'm not sure what you mean by me "being too young" though? I do understand your analogy as I am 28, haha.

Your opinion interests me actually - I often hear in therapy that forgiveness is what we need to aim for because it means that you are letting go of your pain, but if you don't forgive you are holding onto it.

I also don't think I should have to cut myself out of my mother's life like I am the bad guy either. Whenever I don't talk to her it feels like he is winning and getting his way, and that he has sold himself the narrative that I have basically been banished (which is not true). She is my mother, I'm an independent person and don't live with her so I deserve to have an uninterrupted meeting with her from time to time, as well as stay with her for a bit as long as she is happy having me there (though it isn't my goal to do so and for obvious reasons I prefer not to; but then this makes me pissed and envious at all the lucky people who get to have both parents still be alive and whom accept their child regardless of who they are.
I totally understand your envy!

Regarding what you hear in therapy a lot: therapy as a healthcare field has a long way to go before it can claim to be evidence-based. A lot of the things you hear are mere beliefs. Beliefs go in and out of fashion. It is now in vogue to say all sorts of good things about forgiveness.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg+Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications, some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity BMI ~ 38
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote