View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,144 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 09:50 AM

I sometimes walk/pet sit a part Husky, and I will attest that they are NOT for people who can't keep up or want to order the dog around. Last time I walked him (his name is Chili!) we went about 2 miles down the road half running half stopping to sniff random stuff and on the way back I just watched him play in a swamp with frogs n stuff, and then a moose showed up and it was "chili dog, we need to gtfo."

My aunt loves rottweilers, and I can't say any of her fur babies have been overtly aggressive towards anyone I've seen. Excitable, yeah.

I knew a guy that had some kind of Cattle Collie, and it was like the husky in that it was active, but it's energy was more focused (probably because she grew up working that farm).

I haven't had a huge amount of known experience with other breeds, but I'll say I've encountered friendly pit bulls and not so friendly labs, so it really does depend on the individual animal, their past, their owner, and the situation. I haven't met a smart little dog though, haha.

Thanks for this!
unaluna