Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
283 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2024 at 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
If I only paid cleaners $50, if not expect my house to be very clean. Maybe just some surface clean up like pick up stuff. Like if you buy a meal for $5, you’d not expect gourmet meal. You want gourmet, you pay 4 times more.

Yes she can stay longer but no one will work more than 2 hours for 50 bucks.

If you don’t like her, fire her. Find a cleaner through reputable company. But then of course you’ll pay more. You get what you pay for. Of course you deserve good things. But good things cost good money.
I understand that. I have used services that charge more from big companies, but even they do a bad job at times.

Worse yet, they are often sneaky about the prices. They claim that it’s $100 for example then change the price once they get there claiming that the house needs extra work.

Or they’ll say it’s $80 an hour but they fail to mention that it’s per cleaner. So two cleaners would cost $160 an hour.

She should at least try to clean the bathroom & not leave it dirty. She literally did nothing in there which is upsetting.

I would find someone else if I could affford someone better, but my husband finally stopped putting money in the joint account & the credit cards are maxed out too.

I only make $19 an hour. I have to pay for insurance (they’re going to take out $460 biweekly for insurance). I also pay for my own food, gas & miscellaneous expenses.

My husband is extremely cheap & controlling. It’s really disgusting. He now works two jobs & he claims that he makes $150,000 a year, but he never has any money. Right! I know that he’s a liar as he had at least $400-500 in his wallet until recently.

I wasn’t working for a week because my client was on vacation & he only gave me $200! Wth? That barely covers food for a week! My car uses up over $70 in gas alone! What a joke!

I’d be in serious trouble if I wasn’t working f/t!!!

I’m not cheap but people on here are acting like I’m cheap & not paying her enough. I mentioned tipping her $20 each time, that double a normal tip!

I wish that people wouldn’t be so harsh & judgemental. I’m extremely upset now as I found out that my client isn’t completely happy with me.

She says stuff about how I try hard to do things & that I show up. She is a picky pain in the butt at times.

She was thinking about letting me go. I kind of pried that info out of her as I had a bad feeling that I was right about things & I was..

Now I am constantly worried that she will let me go at a moments notice just because I vented a bit to much to her & according to her, I didn’t clean things good enough. I thought that she liked me until now.

I have to watch everything that I say & do around her now which is stressful. She doesn’t handle any criticism or perceived criticism well.

She is also a bit judgemental & inappropriately at times too. I’m worried especially since she’s had a lot of different caregivers in a short period of time & she only liked the last one. She fired one lady who she didn’t like.

If that happens, I won’t be able to afford one of the few nice luxuries that I have left.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote