Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,575 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
So glad your house is ok. A storage shed is a loss but a bearable one. Hope you get power soon.
That's how I feel too Nammu. The shed can be replaced. It was full of tools, stuff meant for donation and my tractor. Neighbor said the tractor is okay. There wasn't anything of sentimental value in it.

I so grateful that the house and its contents are intact. Limited space in the truck limited what I could take with me. Hazel, the cats and I plus some clothes and my meds filled the cab to bursting. I would have lost all the stuff with emotional value.

Not to sound like a pessimist, but I have low hopes of the power coming on any time soon based on experience. Most of my county is without power. Areas with more population get priority. Heck,, there we're 3 MILLION people without power. Those of us in the boonies know we are going to be last.

I am staying with my friend until Saturday. Now that I know my house is okay the pressure to go check on it is gone. He can use my help with clean up here.

Staying an extra day also mean an extra day with electricity and water. Anticipating the power might be out for awhile I checked on line last night. There are a few, very few, hotel rooms available. I'll get a room for a few days if the power stays out.

I said this before and will keep saying it. I am so grateful to have gotten through with so little damage. So many others lost everything, including their lives. Impact on me seems so minimal in comparison.

Once more, thank you to everyone for your support.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, Nammu, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna