View Single Post
Brentus
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2021
987 hugs
given
Default Oct 11, 2024 at 12:08 PM

Feeling kinda good today. I hated being "that guy" but the slimy finance company we partnered with wouldn't dignify me with a chance to speak, so I did workarounds and has our DMS reach out to higher ups on their end to send the message down to get into contact with me. They are still trying hard to hold onto what they shorted us, but with all the hell I've given them over $200-- I think our chances may be better to get it back this time around. I won't bore you with the total drama saga , but basically I put a deal through (my first deal with them, and in general) to the finance company and my sales rep didnt reach out at all at any point beyond telling me what stipulations the customer needed to give still. What offer we accepted, and the customer, had a specific lender fee -- I made a small mistake in income verification type and they upped the fee (guy was military) by $200 thus shorting our check $200.

So, besides trying to get an exemption to get it back... I was a little upset we didn't find out until we got our check. They told me and showed me in underwriting they can change up to $250 without any notification to us. How slimy is that?

So, i'm just trying to get that money back. We did put down a refundable deposit we are supposed to get back soon... once we do, I think we're done with this company.

I have others to work with that are much better, and even an alternative that im currently trying to onboard with which I'm excited about. I'm kinda glad I had this hiccup early with this company -- it helped me learn the ropes of what to expect, what it means to be cheated, and how things should be done -- what I want and what I DONT want. So, lesson learned. (Also, it is a bit uncommon to have a lender require a deposit to ensure you send deals... that should have been my first red flag, but I'm learning.)

[P.S. if my message isn't making sense-- I should mention I'm a Finance and Insurance Manager at a small independent dealership for used cars my best friend started up. Big transition from my education career, but it's been ride so far!]

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Crazy Hitch, June08, LadyShadow, Mountaindewed, MuddyBoots, Nammu, raspberrytorte