Member Since Mar 2020
118 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 11, 2024 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
-snip-
I don’t understand why people are giving me a hard time just for wanting my house to be clean.
--snip-
I’m upset that people are insinuating that I’m not paying her enough or that I expect to much just for asking for ONE small thing done sometimes.
-snip-
It’s like most people think that I don’t deserve anything nice or good. I don’t understand why that is.
I think you do deserve to have your house cleaned, @jesyka. If someone agrees on the price, he or she should do a thorough job. I'm surprised at the push back and lack of sympathy you're getting from this "support" forum, and I'm sorry about that.

@Rose76 summed it up well:
Quote:
This gal charges less than other house cleaners because she knows she doesn't do a great job and has no intention of upping her game. She figures there are clients who will put up with her half-hearted work because she works cheap. It sounds like you have pretty much fit into her plan. As you say, you only tolerate her because she's less expensive than her competition.

In recent years, I've hired people to help me on occasion with cleaning and organizing. I too got hit with sticker shock. What I learned is that the less they charge, the less they do.