Child of a lesser god

Member Since Jun 2015
12.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 12, 2024 at 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
he told me to try lifestyle changes back in july, unfortunately i wasn't scared enough i guess i don't know and i gained another 5 lbs instead and my number got worse. hence the metformin rx now. i know that at this point this can be fixed with my diet and walking. i'm not really sure what my problem is, i mean why i'm not just DOING it already. it was helpful having L to be accountable to, because I apparently haven't yet learned how to be accountable to myself and I haven't had her for going on 8 months now. Which all boils down to the whole I still need to grow up thing. Ugh. The medical weight loss team will be my accountability until I learn how to be fully accountable to myself. That's one of the reasons I signed up for it, because it's not just a dr it's covering all the bases - medical, mental health, movement, etc.
I don’t know all that many adults who are fully accountable to themselves. They have families, or friends, or partners, or religions, or, yes, therapists to be accountable to. I don’t think it’s a growing up problem, because you are a grown up (and if you weren’t, by this point growing up isn’t happening).

Why not find a dietitian or a therapist specializing in disordered eating for after the medical weight loss thing so you can keep it up?
atisketatasket is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
ArtieTheSequal, Jersey 4, LonesomeTonight, NP_Complete, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks