Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,236 hugs
given
Default Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePegGuy View Post
So glad to read you again @Tart Cherry Jam! I missed you, too, and I was worried that you wouldn't be back!

I've always liked to have closets and cabinets well organized. I'm such a visual thinker that I can visualize where my stuff is and can reach in and get something without looking most of the time. But for now I have to share the spaces and put up with the disorder.

Our sleep schedules will need readjusting in a few weeks when the clocks change (unless you're in AZ). I wonder how it will go this year....
Do you mean sharing spaces with your wife? If so, you remind me of my maternal grandpa. He was super orderly. Also, he was used to cleanliness and his upbringing taught him that. He and his siblings were raised by a widow who worked outside the home as a bookkeeper. They lived in a house in a small town, more like a village, on the Kama river. I do not remember now how many siblings in total but at least 7. So every day, the kids had to tidy up and clean the house before the mother came home from work. Every single day. Everything had to be spotless. Sure, as they were poor, there were not much stuff in the house which always makes it easier to clean, but still, the standards were high: spotless every day.

And then he married my grandmother who was so-so on orderliness and they had two daughters, one of them my mother who was extremely, outrageously chaotic and who accumulated belongings and never cleaned. And my grandpa had to put up with living in a household which was clearly so far off from his standards. But he managed to keep his personal space pristine and spotless. His desk had almost nothing on it: a beautiful letter opener knife (wooden? not sure), an ink pot, and a semi-oval heavy weight. I am not sure now what the heavy weight was used for in those days. And all his papers were kept in drawers. My grandma's desk had piles, and piles, and piles of papers on it. In complete disarray that still made sense to her as she was not disoriented and I do not remember her ever looking for her stuff. She knew where her stuff was.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg+Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications, some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity BMI ~ 38
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna