Magnate

Member Since Jun 2016
8,144 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
And a cleaning lady or a cleaning service the day or two before the visit from important guests. That is what I do. I cannot afford regular cleaning help but do pay before guests come. It also forces me to declutter and tidy up before the cleaning lady comes. last time she came, I had spent literally the day before tidying up and organizing my space (a 2-bdr unit with 1 bathroom and a patio set up for eating). She actually was amazed when she came at how organized everything was.

Also, I asked her to clean my fridge and organize everything in it the way she saw fit. I came home and took photos of where she put things in the fridge and since then have been referring to those photos, keeping things arranged as she did. It really helps to tame the chaos.

I am by nature a disorganized person but I have been getting far better in the last several years and am basically finding that tidying up and staying organized is a learnable set of skills.

With the garden, yes, if you cannot afford it, it will help. And with your own sanity, too. And your own sanity is super important.
Thank you. I have to get used to saying it is ok to ask for help in areas where I have a hard time. I guess due to my upbringing, the pressure has always been on me to keep up with everything. It gets to be too much.
xRavenx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna