View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,237 hugs
given
Default Oct 13, 2024 at 11:33 AM

If you are on Facebook, find your hyperlocal (several neighborhoods within a city) Buy Nothing group by inputting your zipcode. Warning, they have strict rules and only accept people who already live in the neighborhood. You cannot post ahead of time. But once you move in, join the group, make a post, introduce yourself, explain what you have said to us here, and people will gift you things they do not need. Preface the post with ASK.

Also, monitor the group posts prefaced with GIFT. Those are from people who would like to get rid of something they do not need by donating it. Express interest in the things you like by commenting. Read the group etiquette rules before commenting.

I have been in my group for almost three years, since I moved into my current apartment. My friend who lives in another city told me about this group. Some of the things I got by following and responding to others' GIFT posts are things I did not know I badly needed but they now are making my life much easier:

- a huge three-bulb standing lamp for my bedroom
- a laundry sorter on wheels with three compartments
- a metal grid organizer that attaches to the wall
- an over the door set of hooks which I now use to hang dry clothes that should not be tumble dried

Things I got that I did know I needed:

- a large IKEA sofa (before posting an ASK, I responded to one person's GIFT post, did not get that sofa, but another woman found my comment, reached out to me and asked if I needed her roommate' sofa and I said yes)
- a desk which was actually delivered to my door the day I posted an ASK
- bath towels (have stains but but were perfectly clean when I picked them up)
- a little dish detergent to tide me over while I was waiting for a shipment from Amazon with a large dishwashing liquid bottle

AND MANY MORE.

I realize that because I live in Silicon Valley which is an affluent area, people have an abundance to donate which might not be the case depending on where you studio is located. But I still recommend you try the Buy Nothing group.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg+Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications, some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity BMI ~ 38
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Blueowl, MuddyBoots