View Single Post
kittlesonhr

Member Since Aug 2024
Default Oct 14, 2024 at 08:32 PM

Did I mention that I have BPD? (that makes these feelings 10x worse)

and I am going through one of the most painful breakups I've ever been through. I am a 27F and my 33M partner left me because I lied to him for two years about what I did in my past. My partner when we first met, when I was trying to tell him about my past, would punch walls because he would get so angry with me for hiding who I was.

I know that the relationship was unhealthy. I lied and he had anger issues and would take it out in front of me.

The worst part about this is that I had to be honest with my family about what was going on. I had to tell them about the monster that I was.

I've been in DBT therapy for a year now and regular therapy for 3, and have made excellent progress, I just think that before I got my diagnosis and before I could get help, the damage had already been done to the relationship because I didn't get help until we were a year in and I learned that all the lying that I had done to protect him and myself was going to be the thing that tore us a part. This entire thing is my fault.

I came clean about everything that I lied about and he couldn't handle it and felt so mistreated that he left.

My BPD makes me feel everything, like my skin is on fire, and I am hurting so much. I feel like a monster. I never cheated on him, I never stepped out on him, but he feels that I have emotionally cheated on him and he will never come back.

When will these feelings of absolute agony pass? When will the crying spells go away? Why must we suffer? Why did I do this to myself? I want to be better, I am desperately trying to be better? Will anyone ever love me again? Can I even survive to tomorrow?

-devastated
kittlesonhr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote