View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,464 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 15, 2024 at 12:06 AM

Time does heal broken hearts. It can for you. During this time - when you are deep in grief for your lost relationship - I think you need to sort out what you are and aren't responsible for. You sound a bit confused.

You have no obligation to tell any boyfriend about your life prior to meeting him. I wouldn't recommend lying, but some things are best kept to ourselves. Even in a committed relationship, each party has a right to some privacy. I don't know what exactly your boyfriend is reacting to, but it seems to be about things you did in the past that you are not proud of. It also sounds like you have reformed yourself and are not doing anything right now that you need to feel apologetic about. So him rejecting you now makes me wonder if he really loved you.

In the long run, this boyfriend you've been with may not be a good match for you. The anger probem is concerning. Him getting furious with you does not automatically prove you are totally in the wrong. You may be judging yourself too harshly. I think you are saying that you misrepresented your prior history to your boyfriend. Just how offensive that may have been depends on a few things. For one thing, it depends on whether or not you were deceiving him in a manner that cost him something.

None of us can change even one hour of our past. If you treated someone wrong, you have a duty to make restitution as best you can. That's all you can do. If you're living a reformed life, that's what counts now. You just do the best you can to be fair toward others as you go forward. If you're doing the best you can now, then no one has the right to be hostile toward you for your past.

I think you'll recover from this loss sooner, if you don't put excessive condemnation on yourself.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote