View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,239 hugs
given
Default Oct 15, 2024 at 11:15 PM

Trileptal, I highly doubt, with your history, but it never hurts to try. The evidence of its use in mania is weak from studies, but since reactions are individual, you personally just might respond to it. I tried it in 2018 and could not tolerate it because it caused a very bad, long playing migraine.

Trazodone helps some people with sleep but might make others go up, as it is an AD. The sleep dose is smaller than the old dose for AD from back when it was used as an AD, but the point remains, it is an AD.

I love Gabapentin and it has so many varied beneficial uses, including the improvement in sleep architecture, but I have not heard of it being used for mania. You can try. There are other anticonvulsants you can try that are milder. Some people report good results with Topamax. It can make one lose one's appetite, though, which would be very dangerous in your case, but again, you won't know unless you try.

There is nascent interest in manipulating your light exposure: Blue Light Blocking Treatment for the Treatment of Bipolar Disorder: Directions for Research and Practice - PMC

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg

Gabapentin 1200 mg+Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications, some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity BMI ~ 38
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote