View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
11.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 16, 2024 at 08:49 PM

When the man who was more a dad to me than my own dad died I didn't cry. I'm not sure I've ever cried about his loss and it's been 4 years soon. I was sad at times but preferred (and still do) to talk about funny things he said and did and just who he was. I loved him, still do, but that's just not how grief has been for me. I'm not sure I've ever been through grief where it was just a lot of crying and sadness. I remember when my grandma died we were at the visitation and this sweet old lady from church said "I made sure I got purple flowers for Eleanor. I know how much she loved purple". My grandma HATED purple and we had all wondered who sent such a weird arrangement. After the viewing was over all the cousins walked back to her house and we were laughing so hard you'd never believe we were coming from a viewing or anything sad.

So no, I don't think it's weird. Everyone grieves differently. Don't add guilt to the grief.