Roses are falling.

Member Since May 2017
10.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Cool Today at 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
i don't know if this is what you're talking about una but on the couch, there are so many here who are vastly more intelligent than I am and often I feel like I'll never measure up and that I'm somehow "not as good". I'm not fishing for anything by saying that. It's just the truth of how I feel. I know that comparison is the thief of joy and all that but sometimes it's hard.
Artie you need to learn to tell yourself a different story. The T Marissa peer said with all the clients she saw “not being enough” was their main issue.

You need to learn to celebrate yourself and see that you are worthy of your own love without X degree or being like Y. This will come with time. Everyone has different skills. I would trust my hairdresser with my hair more than a surgeon.

We set standards for ourselves which we think we should be at, but often these patterns were instilled in us from a young age by others.

I personally think journaling is good for everyone, but to raise your self esteem you need to get up and do physical things for yourself that help get rid of the old thought patterns. Things like getting a facial or a massage, or eating well.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, unaluna