View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,575 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 17, 2024 at 10:27 AM

Una, I am already enrolled in my power company's program. I normally get emails, phone calls and texts about outages. Can also report an outage online. They sent one massive blast when the storm hit. No individual messages since. I suspect it was just too much to do individual given the size of the outage. More then 40K in my county alone. They did a great job of posting updates on the outage page, plus did a daily blog. I've seen a bunch of people on line complaining a) that their power was still out (first one of those was on FRIDAY!!!!) and/or b) that the linemen are not heros who are horribly over paid. The second one burns my backside. Try living with no power and no water for a week. People who can return those to me are heros who earn every day penny they get paid!

Eskie, I HATE Facebook, but using it to stay connected in an emergency is a great idea.

Well folks, time to toss my stuff in the truck and go home. Much as appreciate my friends giving me a place to stay I'm anxious to get home.

Much thanks to everyone here for the support.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, Nammu