View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,688 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 03:45 AM

I am very sorry you are in this awful situation. You are indeed being psychologically and verbally abused, and you need to find a way out of this marriage. I think your post says you don't actually live together, only on paper? Do you have your own apartment, separate from his? If so, then it will be far easier to separate. If you don't have your own apartment or home, do you have any family or friends you can rely on in this country who could take you in? You mentioned possibly being homeless on the streets. There are shelters here for abused women. There are many resources available to help you escape from this horrible person. And I do strongly advise working on an exit strategy and plan. But DO NOT TELL HIM you are leaving. Do not warn him. You must do this without informing him. When you can, research domestic abuse resources in Los Angeles, and contact those resources for help. I was in a similar situation with my ex husband who was abusive, and I contacted my local domestic violence center for help. They assigned me an abuse advocate who guided me out of the marriage. I advise the same for you. You will need assistance and guidance to get out of this situation. Whatever you do, do not think that you are stuck and that you can't leave. You can. There is always a way. And don't stay with this man. The abuse will only get worse as time goes on, and you will disappear completely as a person if you stay. Please do find a way out.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Tart Cherry Jam