View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,576 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2024 at 09:02 AM

Mar Dhea, I did not know that about Cuba. Have to admit I have not been paying much attention to the news except for hurricane related. The entire power grid is down! The poor people there. I used to work with a lady from the Dominican Republic. She told me the biggest problem with disasters on islands is 5hat there are few outside resources to call on. You are right. Power crews from across the country are here to get us back on line. Bless each and every one of them.

Here on the home front there's bad news/good news. A neighbor went up and checked my roof for me. Probably half the shingles are missing from my roof. Good news is FEMA will come cover the entire roof with a blue tarp for FREE! That will give me time to find a company to replace the roof.

When I first got home I told a friend I would be doing outdoor clean up for weeks. It's probably going to be months. It took me an entire day just to get a dead "limb" moved away from the front of my house. Actually it was not a limb. It was the top of the tree!
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, mar dhea, Nammu, unaluna