Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,310 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 24, 2024 at 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyrself View Post
It's so much better if they are honest. These days, in my experience, idiots with no bipolar experience are so desperate, the screeners wont even tell you what their experience is..
In Arizona, nurse practitioners can prescribe meds without a doctors supervision. Ive been trying to get my roomie to move for years. Ive seen so much blatant malpractice that I adopt this bad cop persona just to keep us both alive.
Well. you folks know we cant even handle an election right LOL LOL Have to keep laughing (not hypomanic LOL)
NPs prescribing without supervision is allowed here too, but I actually haven't had an issue with that. Any irresponsible/dangerous prescribing has happened from docs (I'm thinking of two in particular: one would do stuff like put me on 1.1g of Seroquel and if that didn't work in two weeks (which it didn't) cold turkey me off that and say to take Geodon 80mg 2x/day at once, and another switch if that didn't work immediately. I got a bad taste of a lot of meds that I had to retry later on properly. The other was benzo obsessed: I was on a high dose of haldol decanoate and for EPS he just had me take 30mg of valium a day every day the entire time I was on it, AND if I got manic he wanted me to take like 2mg of Ativan "every time it wore off" (even though I'm a super rapid benzo metabolizer so I never really "feel" effects of short-acting benzos like Ativan and Xanax).

"We can't even handle an election right now" ha, ain't that the truth (for everyone everywhere...)